Thursday, October 6, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

NETS-T V:  This technology self-assessment gauges ones digital competency as a teacher in the classroom and provides resources for improving deficient areas.  This activity engages teachers in professional growth and leadership by asking them to analyze their technological abilities and to research ways in which they can improve themselves.





About this Resource!

In order to improve my performance on the "NETS-T (I) Module: Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity," School 2.0 recommended that I check out an article called "Top 10 Web 2.0 Tools for Young Learners."  This article provides and describes ten online tools for younger students to engage in in the classroom and at home.  Many of them are introduced as game-like, making them very "kid friendly" and easy for students to use on their own.  This area was of great interest to me because I feel that a child's desire to learn must be fostered very early on and developed as they get older.  The earlier we teach our students that learning can be fun and give them ways to learn that they enjoy, the more likely that this interest in learning will continue into their future grade levels.  Personally, I know that the efforts my parents put into finding resources for me that I would use and enjoy had a huge impact on my education as I grew up.  My parents forced me to read when I was young, but it did not take long for me to forget that I "hated reading" and to begin getting lost in my book.  The same goes for most subject areas.  Today, technology can have a huge impact on how children learn.  Being aware of resources that are age appropriate and fun for students is very important to me, as I think it will make me an overall better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment